Tiger Photography Safari and Tour - Kanha and Bandhavgarh National Parks
This is your chance to see and photograph Tigers in the wild. These two 3-day safaris are designed for you to have the maximum wildlife experience at Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks, and go back home with amazing photographs of not just tigers, but a host of other amazing wildlife like the swamp deer, langurs, birds, etc. The safaris are complemented by sessions on photography every evening. The sessions will include topics ranging from composition, post-processing to natural history and field techniques.
You can choose to participate on either of the safaris or both of them together for a week long experience in the heart of Tigerland.
Features of the Safari :
- 4 days/3 night stay at the The Celebration Van Vilas Resort in Kanha and/or Bandhavgarh National Park.
- 5 jungle safaris in each of the parks with only 4 participants in each jeep for optimal photographic opportunity.
- Kanha and Bandhavgarh are among the best places in the world to photograph tigers along with swamp deer, wild dogs, langurs, birds, etc.
- The safari offers excellent landscape photography opportunities and also includes elephant back tiger watching and photography.
- Learn in the field the wildlife photography techniques, composition tips and post-processing, and review photographs every day after the safari.
- A special talk on Tiger Conservation by the WWF Regional Director.
It's About Photography - Lots of it!
This workshop will be informal and fun. I will be shooting alongside you at all times. We will have discussions and assistance on specialized topics such as long lens technique, action shooting, macro photography, wildlife observation, animal behaviour, field craft and conservation. Advanced techniques will be constantly discussed, demonstrated and put into practice.
This safari is also about photographing in the field, along with the classroom sessions every evening. It is not the place for absolute beginners as there will be no basic photographic instruction per se. Participants and the group leader will work side by side, sharing their knowledge, vision, philosophy and experience. This is a unique opportunity to travel and shoot with an experienced professional photographer and naturalist who knows the forests intimately and can take you to the best and special photography locations, and at the right time when optimal light shines.
Is this Safari for you ?
Here are some key points to help you decide:
1. Photographers of ALL levels are welcome. This safari will be conducive to learning from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone's photographic needs. No question is off limits, no inquiry too basic.
2. Photographing in the field is the main KEY. Most of our time and effort will be spent on safari activity and making images. We do meet daily to review images, discuss technique, and have informal lectures on many topics related to wildlife photography. This safari is intended for those who wish to increase the quality of their photography.
3. Non-photographer or videographer spouses / travel companions will love these safaris. We have specialist guides leading all safari activities and optional activities (boating, walks, etc.) are also available at any time.
What is Not Included?
- 5 open-jeep safaries in each of the locations
- All park fees
- Accommodation, based on double occupancy
- All 3 meals inclusive with morning and evening tea
- Services of guides and drivers
- Your travel charges to and back to your hometown from Kanha or Bandhavgarh
- Elephant ride if you choose to go on it.
- Tips for staff such as guides and camp staff
- Fees for passport, visas, immunizations, insurance and airport taxes
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas
- Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature
The stay will be at The Celebration Van Vilas Resort in Kanha and Bandhavgarh. These are luxury lodges just a short distance from the park gates. The lodges have all the modern comforts and amenities. You have both Indian and continental cuisine churned by gastronomic expert chefs to choose from.
Reviews of past safaries
The cost of all-inclusive safari either at Kanha or Bandhavgarh is Rs 19,800 per person (but not inclusive of travel till the National Parks). The same rate applies for each participant regardless of whether they are doing photography and participating in the safari, or not.
If you choose to participate in both the safaris together, the all-inclusive trip (including drop between Kanha and Bandhavgarh) will cost Rs 37,800
Accommodation is two persons to a room. If you wish to have a private room (single occupancy) there will be a supplementary charge of Rs 3000.
What Do I Do Next?
If you're excited by the thought of becoming a member of this trip, then now is the time to register. If you have any questions before registering, send us an e-mail with any queries to email@example.com. To register for the safari, kindly leave your information below: